Before returning an Android device for service, any personal data and Google Accounts must be removed beforehand.
This allows our Service Centre to provide any possible solutions without being locked out by your passcodes or any Google Account restrictions.
We always recommend that you back up your Android device before following these steps wherever possible.
Please note, options described below may vary between different Android manufacturers. For specific steps related to your Android device, always refer to any manufacturer's support site available.
Make sure that your Google Account is removed.
Before sending any Android device back for service, your Google Account needs to be removed; regardless of whether the device can be turned on or not.
- Sign in to your Google Account via a web browser and select Security.
- On the Security page, scroll down to your devices and select Manage Devices.
- Find your Android device and in the options menu (three dots) choose Sign out.
Remove all data from your device
If your Android device is still functional
- Remove any device lock screens by going to Settings > Security > Screen lock and selecting Swipe. Any additional security options (e.g. fingerprint scans) will also be removed.
- Log out of any secondary Google Accounts by going to Settings > Accounts. Select any accounts listed as Google and choose Remove Account on the next screen.
- Reset your device to factory default by going to Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset).
If your Android device won’t turn on or is unresponsive
If you cannot access your device because it won't power on or isn't responding, you can still remove any secondary Google Accounts online.
Simply use the steps above to sign in to your main Google Account and remove the device under the Security > Manage Devices page.
While your personal data (photos, files etc.) will still be stored on your mobile, our service centre will always attempt any factory restores are performed the moment the device can be turned on or becomes usable
Because any lock screens and/or passwords cannot be removed if your device is unresponsive, please let us know as part of your discussions with our Support team so that there is no confusion before any return arrangements are made.
What comes next?
Once the above steps are complete, remove any SIM card, case, screen protector and other accessories from your device and pack the unit for a safe return.
Please do not return your product before contacting our Support Team as there may be certain return information and labels required before sending.
If you have been in contact with our Support Team before doing these steps, simply continue with any remaining steps mentioned during your discussions.