A phone restarting by itself may be for a variety of reasons.
Please check the following things to help determine the cause.
- Check that the power button is not stuck or jammed in
- Check for water damage
- You can typically find your liquid damage indicator inside the SIM tray slot, but this does vary depending on your phone and is best confirmed with the user manual
- Check for physical damage to the device
- Physical damage that may affect your battery can cause malfunctions
- Check for any consistency or pattern in the resetting
- Will the unit reset after a certain app is used or after a certain length of time?
- Ensure you don’t have too many applications open in the background before the reset happens
- If you have too many apps open, this can overload the phone as it may not be able to handle so many things at once
- Will the unit reset once or will it repeatedly reset itself?
- If only once at a time, it is likely that something is happening to cause this, rather than it happening on its own
- If repeatedly, does this happen until the battery drains?
- If the unit is charged from flat, does the restarting automatically begin?
Please try to hard reset the unit or restore it via your computer if you cannot determine the cause with the tips above. On occasion, the culprit may be a corrupted file or a bad app.
If you are still experiencing this issue after checking the steps above, please feel free to contact our Support Team via your Dick Smith account for further assistance.