SIM card issues can happen for a variety of different reasons.
Please check the following things to determine if you are experiencing an issue with your phone, or your SIM card.
- Try inserting a SIM card from a different telecommunications company (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, etc.)
- If this other card is working, it is likely that your first SIM card is faulty, or you do not have signal available in your area
- If you are using a new SIM card, please ensure it is activated
- Please ensure you are using the correct size SIM card, and that you have it inserted in the correct slot if you are using a dual-SIM phone
- With many dual-SIM phones, if you are only using one SIM card, this needs to be inserted in the first SIM card slot, as the two slots are made to detect different signals
- If you are using a single-SIM phone, ensure the correct size SIM is inserted into the SIM tray, and not directly into the phone slot
- Try to change or insert the SIM card while the phone is turned off
- Try to change or insert the SIM card while the phone is turned on, then restart the unit
- Double check that you have signal available in your area - See Why Does My Phone Have Poor Reception?
If you are still experiencing issues, please contact our Support Team via your Dick Smith account and we will be able to assist you further. Be sure to include your area, and which network you are attempting to use.